Bronchitis Patients - Bronchitis InformatioinBronchitis is a pulmonary disease which occurs when the air passes into the lungs suffer from inflammation due to a tracheal infection. The membrane lining the interior of the air ways get swollen and the cells in it start seeping out fluid. The immediate symptom is quite obviously severe coughing.
Prevention of BronchitisQuitting the habit of smoking will definitely prevent bronchitis. Passive smoking is equally injurious and you are advised to stay away from a smoker if you really wish to keep away bronchitis. You should be careful about the exposure to dust particles, smoke and other irritants. Air pollution is another crucial reason behind the prevalence of bronchitis. Bronchitis came into being some time back. However, would you believe that there are some people who still don't know what a Bronchitis is?
- Symptoms Dry cough or cough with phlegm is the first and common symptom of bronchitis.
- The continuous cough attack can sustain for at least two weeks and gradually the patient develops pain in his abdomen and chest.
- This can be as serious as flouting the chest if proper curative measures are not taken immediately.
- Fever, wheezing, sore throat, nasal congestion and paining muscles are other symptoms of bronchitis.
Coughing after eating Often bronchitis patients recover naturally with general medication. Cough syrups can make the coughing situation manageable. The doctor can prescribe an inhaler to treat wheezing and clear off the congestion in the nasal path. If the patient has temperature for a long time or coughing blood then it is evident that the bronchitis has become severe and can turn out to be pneumonia. In this case he should be hospitalized immediately. It is of no use thinking that you know everything, when in reality, you don't know anything! It is only because we knew so much about Bronchitis Symptoms that we got down to writing about it!
Tests for BronchitisGenerally doctors diagnose bronchitis by the common symptoms observed in the patient. There is no blood test involved here. But if the condition is serious you might need to get a chest x-ray done. The other two tests performed occasionally are phlegm culture or Oxygen saturation test.
- Causes Often the prevalence of bronchitis is observed during the cold season.
- Generally it is associated with a respiratory infection.
- The Flu viruses are held responsible for this disease.
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae is the bacteria causing bronchitis.
- If you have inhaled certain harmful chemical particles through dusts and smoke, it can lead towards severe bronchitis.
- Smokers and aged people are prone to bronchitis.
- Medicine Bronchitis are basically interesting parts of our day-to-day life.
- It is only that sometimes, we are not aware of this fact!